CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Umm...

So I can't find my camera and it's driving me bonkers! I have pictures from Cinco de Mayo I wanted to put on here. Instead of showing you pictures I'll have to bore you with whats going on in my world:

Ruth is doing SO MUCH BETTER!!! Thank you for praying and thank You, Lord. Her skin is looking fabulous, she must take after her mother. Not sure if I've told everyone about the ordeal in getting her to Hawaii, but it's a mess. I have a few weeks left to get her blood work done (by one of two companies in the country who are booked solid). Once the blood work is done they will insert her micro chip. After that we have a ton of paperwork to fill out and submit with all original certificates of shots, etc. to submit to Hawaii. If this is not all completed within the next four weeks then my precious girl would have to be in quarantine for 120 days!!!! YIKES! I don't want that, but the vet here on post won't return my phone calls. He has to submit it and walk me through the paperwork to make sure it is all done correctly. In all fairness to him, I know he is swamped. Please continue to pray the Lord helps me to get everything finished in time to avoid the 120 days of quarantine. Maybe the Lord is preparing me to be a real mother one day (Lord willing) with all the allergies and hassle of paperwork.

Job Search Update: nada mucho aqui. Pero, yo tengo mas tiempo para mi espanol...yo necesito practicar mas. In other words: nothing. It's giving me time to brush up on my Spanish, which is in dire need before I lose it all.

In other news:
Jon is in Airborne week 1: PLF - Parachute Landing (F? fall?)...he is learning to fall/land from the jumps. He is pumped and loving every minute of it.
Ranger Charlie is in processing to his BAT in Savannah. Joe and Jess should be moving down there around the end of May/1st of June. Exciting times...now if we can snag Krissy, Shane and the kids. =)
Signe: please pray for her. The family got her a cell phone with only 5 numbers that she can call and that way she can call us whenever she wants (or her mother allows). Thus far my every attempt to reach her has only resulted in her voice mail. I don't know when she is allowed to use it, but I really miss my precious niece. And I know Jon is missing his beautiful daughter.

Less than two weeks until our family vacation to Orlando and I cannot wait. It will be so nice to see the family, especially Niki and Leah! I MISS YOU!!!

Lieutenant Dave is in his final week of his field training exercise (FTX)...he is in a leadership role - please pray for him and the FOG - as Drake likes to call it (Favor Of God). An FTX is what I affectionately refer to as Boy Scouts camping and playing war games.

I have new neighbors, but I'm getting the cold shoulder. I'll keep you updated as I infiltrate across enemy lines. I don't think they know what to make of Southern Hospitality. I offered freshly homemade apple pie and they didn't show after accepting. Sad day. Oh well, I'll keep trying. Ask my mom, it's good apple pie. I only spit in it once. Just kidding.

That's all. Love you guys and am thankful to have you in my life! God bless you! Good night/morning!

4 comments:

Shireen said...

Carrie,
I'll bet you wish you'd spit in the pie now! ;) Heeheehee!
I'll call you today!
Love you!
Shireeny

Anonymous said...

Hey girlie...how come you've never made ME apple pie?!? lol...

I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU! 10 days and a wake up call. :)

Miss you and love you -

N

Lisa and Josh said...

Those people don't know what they're missing out on! That pie was delicioso! Miss you! Will pray about Ruthie and Dave!

BrandyC said...

Hi, Carrie! So glad you found us too! I love your blog and you've really pulled me in with your posts. You have a heart of God and I read in admiration of you and your family as you so easily trust Him and follow him in your lives. What an example! Lets keep up with each others lives. Good luck with the job search...both here and in Hawaii!

Brandy Crumly