CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Score...

Dave: 5
Carrie: 4
Mice: 0

This past week Dave was on his FTX (Field Training Exercise) leaving me and Ruth to fend for ourselves. Well, we caught four mice. They were so cute, but they had to go. I caught one tap dancing in the middle of the kitchen floor trying to get Ruth's food. Meanwhile our neighbors have four cats...some help they are. =)
Job hunt status: nada. I've been looking and researching, but it is proving more difficult than I first imagined. I would really like to work with people, but it appears my best bet is a WAH (work at home) company. I have my third interview on Monday.

In other news:
Charlie graduated from RIP (Ranger Indoctrination Program) on Friday and is being assigned to the Ranger Battalion in Savanah, GA. PRAISE THE LORD!!! Charlie recognizes his passing RIP as being all from the Lord. Jessica and Dad (Joe Joe) will be moving down there with him within the next few weeks. Please pray they have a safe journey and that they will be able to find good jobs once they move into the beautiful South.

Jono is in limbo right now. We aren't sure if he will be doing Airborne right now or if he will have to wait for a couple of months. If he doesn't do Airborne, he will either be assigned to an Infantry Bat. or will be able to put his OCS packet in and become an officer first. Please pray for patience and the favor of God. Ultimately, we want what the Lord wants.

Dave will be done with BOLC II in two more weeks and will start BOLC III at the end of May. We had his platoon over yesterday and grilled out. It was a great turnout with 35-40 +/- people. We had some awesome food (they were happy to not be eating at the DEFAC or MRE's from the field), great games (ULTIMATE FRISBEE!!!, and spoons), and a great time getting to know each other. I was able to meet a few more wives, and hopefully a few more friends.

Please pray for:
Dave: he is Platoon Srgt. this next week for Mout Operations (Urban). Pray the Lord grants him favor in all he does, as well as, wisdom and discernment. Please pray the Lord grants him a sensitive spirit to His voice and leading: decisions, leadership, plan of action, endurance, strength, energy, and safety.
Ruth: poor girl is broken out all over. I'm giving her the right food, bathing her not too often (skin allergies only allow once every 3-4 weeks), and giving her shots every 10 days instead of 14. Her hair seems to be falling out more and leaving bare patches. I don't know what else to do. We can't keep getting her allergy test every time we move to a different part of the country, because that is what the doctor is telling us to do. Her shots are formulated for different parts of the country. The shot we are giving her right now is for the southeast, but we are living in OK. It would cost over 200.00 to get it reformulated for OK, but we are only here for 4.5 months. =( She is such a great dog, she doesn't act like it bothers her, but she isn't looking so good. I love my little pudgy pup; she's my baby girl.

Haynes side:
Adam is doing great and planning a move soon, possibly L.A. I'm trying my best to save up enough money to visit him while Dave is on his FTX.
Craig is getting married to Linsey at the end of June. He is also going to Ft. Gordon for Signal training.
Zac is married to Sissy and they are stationed in Hawaii...loving every minute of it. Sissy is busy taking classes online and getting ready to take a test to sale insurance. We aren't sure what is going on with Zac's career with Uncle Sam. He is currently an MP and may be deployed within a year (not sure of the exact date or where - I'll find out more and update you).
Dad and CMomster are undertaking the HUGE task of redoing the inside of their house. They love HGTV and DIY. Dad is mostly daydreaming of his fishing tournaments.

Pope side:
Please continue to pray for Stephanie and Casey and the journey of bringing home their beautiful son, Nathan. I cannot imagine the longing and waiting they are enduring in waiting upon the Lord's timing. Pray the Lord will continue to draw them nearer to Him, allow them to feel His peace, joy, and comfort during this time. I know and trust the Lord has a plan; sometimes I wished He'd let us in on it. =) But, I guess that is where our faith has to step in.
Bryan and Jennifer are doing so well in bringing up their beautiful twin girls. Please pray the Lord will continue to give them wisdom and discernment in parenting and raising the girls. Also, please pray He will continue to meet their needs (financially, emotionally, and spiritually). Their blog is linked at the top left of this page.
Mom and Mike aka: Nina and Poppy, or Mamma Kat and Mr. Guns - Mike is getting ready to accompany Steph and Casey to Guatemala to visit Nathan for a week. Please pray they have a wonderful time of fellowship and bonding with Nathan, as well as a safe trip. I just have to say...my heart is breaking and aching in even thinking about this situation...I cannot imagine how hard it is for them...you can catch up on their story by clicking on their link at the top right of this page. I know I would be hurting so badly and yearning to have my baby son home in my arms. Please join us in praying for them...and fasting if the Lord so leads you.
-Mom is working away and getting ready for the family vacation coming up: we are all meeting up in Orlando for a week vaca. Niki and Leah are also going to be there (and Ms. Pat!!). I'm praying I will still be able to go. I'm a little afraid I won't be able to depending on the job process and finances b/c of lack of work. Niki and Leah's blog is also linked above top right of the page.

Sorry this has been so long. I appreciate and THANK YOU!!!! for your prayers. Please email me at teamtyson@gmail.com so I can know how to better pray for you. We love you and thank you!
God bless you!

4 comments:

Lisa and Josh said...

Josh and I are praying for you, Tysons! We got your phone messages...so sorry we haven't called you back yet, we will soon...I promise! We are busy trying to get settled in and get Josh's knee taken care of. We will pray for Dave while he's out in the field, and for you, Carrie, in your job search! We miss you!

Rachel said...

carrie...i'm glad you finally got you a blog. i can be nosy and keep up w/ you now. it was great hearing from you. thanks for leaving a comment. i'll have to read all of your blog, but it's 8:44 here and someone needs some milk and needs to go night night. love ya

Aimee said...

HAWAII!!!! How awesome! It was great to talk to you yesterday! Keep me updated on your job hunt.
Love you!

Stephanie said...

Did not know you were blogging now... it is much easier and user friendly!!
Thanks for the prayers! we are definitely feeling them. Casey is sick from our trip, but seems to be getting a little better.
we are praying for you guys!