CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 21, 2010

No excuses!





I am a slacker! I know it and I apologize. We have had so much going on. I will do my best to give you a synopsis of this past year. Needless to say, the Lord has been faithful, He has provided for all our needs, and has made our cup to overflow with His abundant blessings. Hawaii is truly paradise. We love it and never want to leave, except you are not here. We do miss our family and close friends. Thankfully a lot of you have visited. Your visits have kept me from getting homesick, THANK YOU!!!!

-Dave was promoted to 1St Lieutenant
-He has completed several classes and the Lord has allowed him to graduate in the top of all his classes, sometimes with honors. I know Dave would never tell you that, so I will brag on what the Lord has and is doing through him.
-He swam with sharks while spear fishing along the reefs near Ko'Olina Lagoons and Resorts.
- He has taken up spear fishing and has become quite the little fisherman bringing me barracuda and trigger fish....yummy!
- He is currently in the desserts of California training for his upcoming deployment this summer.
- He will deploy for a year.

I got my state of Hawaii Department of Education Substitute Teaching Certification (much like a regular teaching certificate on the mainland) and have taught at Mililani High School. I'm really enjoying it, but will soon be looking for full time work (deployment).
- I've also been volunteering with the Army in different capacities and really enjoying it.
- I'm loving paddle boarding, snorkeling, surfing (although I need lots of practice), hiking through the rain forest, geocaching with Jen, discovering new waterfalls and trails I've yet to see, as well as whale watching and powered hang gliding. I am spoiled rotten out here!!!
- Today I finished a 5 mile obstacle course in Kaneohe Marine Corps Base Annual Swamp Romp through miles of mud 3-4 feet deep. It was a blast!!!
-Oh, and Dave pushed me off a 50 foot cliff into a pool below a waterfall. Ok, well he didn't push me, but he did bribe me. I don't think he thought I would follow through. I just needed incentive. :)

-We have enjoyed visits from our beloved family: both sets of parents on my side, Casey and Stephanie Allums, our friends Terri and Mychal Smith, and Jeff Matthews.
-Thanks to Jono, we were able to go to Minnesota to be with the entire Tyson family for Christmas and for Alex and Jess's wedding! It's the first time since the brothers were all in Basic and OCS they have been in one place at one time, not to mention Krissy and Shane and the kids. It was a wonderful trip and much needed time together.

-Ruth and Boaz (ruth-a-nator and bobo beggins) are doing wonderfully well. They are quite the companions and thanks to Bapa Joe Joe, quite the beggars. Bo has morphed into a cheese log, even his ankles have fat rolls. Ruth has won the favor of every kid within a 2 mile radius. They are currently lying on either side of me having a snoring competition. The Lord provides so much companionship through them.

I know there is so much more, but I'm starting to see double and think it's time to go to sleep. I will try to do more later.
Alooooooooo-ha! from Hawaii! God bless you!

2 comments:

Shireen said...

Hey, sweet girl,
Very good update! I like the pictures, too! You and Dave look great!

I've been thinking about you probably EVERY day for the last 2 weeks. I've been praying, knowing that Dave was headed to CA this month. I plan to call you today.

Love you, friend.

Unknown said...

David and Carrie,

I thought about Team Tyson this past Sunday at Church -- and was able to find your blog and catch up. David, thank you for your service to our country; we are very appreciative. And we thankful that both of you are serving Christ in your new home. Hawaii (not surprisingly) sounds awesome.

All the best,
Scott