CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Hot days...

I know many of you are in the South and understand how hot and unforgiving the sun and humidity can be. This morning Jon was out running doing PT when his drill srgt. called out "Tyson fall out!" to which he responded he was fine as he bumped into guys and stumbled. Little did he know his core body temp was 106.5!!!! I think you can die at that temp! Praise the Lord they wrapped him in ice sheets and got his temp down to a healthy 98.

UPDATE: The next evening Jon was sent back to the hospital with another high temperature. I do not know the technical terms, but his muscles started breaking down releasing protein into his blood stream. The extra protein is overload for his liver and kidneys. I'm not sure what all that means, but I know it isn't good.

Please pray for Jon: a speedy recovery, no long term damage, and for the Lord to prepare his heart for whatever may happen next.

Wanted to keep you updated on the family and thank you in advance for partnering with us in prayer. I'll let you know everything I know as soon as I do. Thank you again, we covet your prayers. Love you and God bless you!!!

Talked to Jon this evening...he is feeling much better. =) Praise the good Lord. Thank you for your prayers.

7 comments:

Shireen said...

Wow.
Let Jono know that I'm praying, Carrie. You're great to keep us posted on how the guys are doing. I hate that he got so overheated.
It's definitely in the 90's here these days.
Hope YOU are doing well.
Love you.
P.S. Let me know if you read or are reading The Last Sineater and what you think.

Lisa and Josh said...

Poor Jon! I can't imagine how hot it is in Benning right now! Praying for you all! We miss you and hope you're doing well!

Christie Mitchell said...

Hey Carrie!!
How in the world have you been?? It is so great to see you on here!! Looks like everything is going great with you!!

Christie Mitchell said...

Thank you!! We will keep in touch!! Take care!!

susan said...

We miss you! So sorry Jon is under the weather. Please keep us updated on him, I guess he is still in Columbus?!? Where is Ranger Charlie? I am so proud of Dave and pray God will keep angels of protection around all of you!
Call or come by sometime if you stop in the Ham!
LOVE AND MISS YOU!
SUSAN MERRILL

Beth said...

carrie :) so great to see you on FB and see that you have a blog! i'm glad i caught it close to the beginning so i can follow it.
you look gorgeous as always.. and what a handsome husband you found. i'm happy you are doing well, and your family is safe.
i can't wait to see more :)

JANA said...

Hey Carrie!
I just found your blog. I had know idea this was you! How are you? I hope you are doing well. I would love to hear from you. Our blog is www.jacksonpierce.blogspot.com I hope to talk to you soon!

Jana Winters Gallego